ATC4Real v1.0 online!

The best ATC simulator online with real air traffic!

Moderator: bajasim

Re: ATC4Real v1.0 online!

Postby bajasim » 14 May 2013, 18:22

Our first version, the online sim, had realtime flights, it was possible to match real live communications with your radar screen because aircraft data was retrieved from realtime databases, however costs were too high and we had to shut down that version, the new one has only previously recorded timetables, real ones but not in real time.
bajasim
Site Admin

Postby kenatc » 17 Jun 2013, 16:13

Pretty fair piece of work and fun to play. Do have some suggestions that would make it more realistic, if I may. Others have covered the a\c being at or below 250 kts at 10k ft. The center in the USA has to have 5 miles entrail separation at
the same altitude. All turbojets would be say at 10k and smaller slower a\c would be at 8k. Separation in the terminal area should be 3 miles for like a\c, except Heavys which would be 5 miles to make it easy.(people don't want to have to learn
all the ins and outs.) So a\c going to the center should have a constant 5 miles separation or altitude 1k separation if still climbing. And all a\c inbound to the terminal area, at the same altitude, should be 5 miles in-trail of each other.
As for departing a\c, if departing different runways, not parallel, should not show conflicts on departure. Same for arrivals if the runways have hold short points and there approaches are labeled diverging in name. Departures can be as close to arrivals on the same runway as 2 miles, One lifting off and one on 1 mile final. Departures cleared for takeoff should show asap. There would not be long delay, causing arrival to get to close. Maybe, if the departure could be canceled, would be nice.
I was an ATC here in USA. If you'd like easy solutions to these problems, let me know will try to help FREE...Ken
kenatc

Postby kenatc » 18 Jun 2013, 16:36

It's a minor thing, but maybe a bigger problem to come. At BOS DEPT, PDT4451 and VRD353, froze in the dept list and when leared for takeoff, the program accepted it but would not activate.
kenatc

Postby kenatc » 19 Jun 2013, 16:31

Guys, the more I play the game, the more problems. Airports of destination are not lined up with exit fixes. You have LGA aircraft going out two different fixes. Fixes should be; North, HYLND (OK), all a\c going to Canada and the northwest, remember the world is round. If you are going BOS to KSEA or Japan, you are going to file up over Canada.
Traffic going to KORD or SW USA will dept to the west over REVSS (msg waypoint). Traffic going to NYC area only will go over BLZZR. A\C going to the SE USA and south should go over SSOXS. That includes light a\c going to KACK or eastern Long Island. You need to know where these places are. RDU, CLT, MIA, FLL, MCO, ATL, and airports to eh SW of NYC area should go out the SSOXS gate. Going to the states of NH, Vermont out the HYLND gate. Maine Traffic out the Celtk gate, this gate also accommodates the overseas traffic.
And where did you get the a\c id's you are using? The C402 is a light twin not capable of 220 in the clime.
It would be more helpful to see the exit fix before take off selection. Beacon code is not useful. Altitude filed for would be of more use. Again, for free if you would like help with these things, I am available.
kenatc

Re: ATC4real

Postby Aussie1969 » 14 Jul 2013, 22:51

Just wanted to say thanks for a very realistic game. The only downside, is that one guy controlling a whole airport and doing the job of at least 4 controllers is a bit hard!, but I have found a way around it. I choose a quite time of the day, usually early morning.

After years of using an airband scanner, studying SID & STAR charts and flight simulators (I am an enthusiast - not a pilot or controller), I have learnt more about my local international airport after 5 minutes with your game, than in all those years. I have always wondered why departures are cleared to an initial level of 5000 feet - now I know why. I thought I understood it, but when you try to control an airspace, certain points become clearer. I also appreciate now that the pilots that fly into and out if these airports know more about ATC and the airspace around that airport than I thought.

Some things I would like to see (if possible?) are:
1) AI controlled traffic, so you can choose to say only handle one runway, or one position (say departures only), but still have to work around other traffic on your screen.
2) When giving final vectors for the ILS it would be nice to be able to leave it to the pilot to contact the tower, so your job is done there, and the notice be cleared to intercept the localiser and contact the tower, rather than cleared to land.
3) have automatic departures on the timetable so you can do away with the tower function all together and concentrate on being an approach or departure controller. You could add the option of being a tower controller, but then the traffic would have to be managed by AI.
Hope my suggestions makes sense. I would love to see some AI built into the game to ease the workload and as mentioned by others it would be nice to not have to micro-manage the traffic so much and have them fly SIDs and STARs.

But as it is, it is a great effort - especially considering the great price.

Regards
Aussie1969

Postby ecopilot » 02 Aug 2013, 09:37

bajasim wrote:Our first version, the online sim, had realtime flights, it was possible to match real live communications with your radar screen because aircraft data was retrieved from realtime databases, however costs were too high and we had to shut down that version, the new one has only previously recorded timetables, real ones but not in real time.

I really....really miss the first version. The realtime traffic and ease of use (along with some fit-and-finish items) was great. I purchased KSEA based on the demo video and I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed. This is not to say that you guys aren't doing a great job...just that it was so much better in version 1.0 (which is a let-down).

I hope that you will consider moving back toward some of the pillars of the original model as you move forward.

Best,

~Jason
ecopilot

Postby kenatc » 05 Aug 2013, 18:08

Guys in real atc you have warning that the winds have changed so you can plan your traffic in and out of the airport. This change in wind direction with no warning is ridiculous. Also at Bos there is no way you can land on rw33 as the menu does not show rw33 when the aircraft is on final?????????
kenatc

Previous

Return to ATC4Real