ATC4Real v1.0 online!

The best ATC simulator online with real air traffic!

Moderator: bajasim

Re: ATC4Real v1.0 online!

Postby bajasim » 09 Feb 2013, 15:09

effzed wrote:Hi

I am using both the PC and Ipad versions airports san fran, san diego . I always come across this error message - "Mid Air Collision. One aircraft has disappear from your radar screen. FFT565 had a possible terrain collision. Please leave your station". I am then taken back to the start screen.

This happens every time in both versions. When a plane hasn't disappeared.

Any thoughts on what is happening here? Other than that a really good game.

Hi,
Thanks for your comments. About your problem, this happens on both (iPad and PC) and in both airports as well? Is it always the same aircraft callsign? Remember there are minimums safe altitudes, in your radar screen you could see the elevation map and find where are the dangerous zones.
bajasim
Site Admin

Feedback

Postby traconau » 15 Feb 2013, 18:32

I recently installed the FLL on to my iPad mini to try it out. Whilst I was impressed enough to then go and buy the SFO simulator I do have some comments that would help your product become even better.
To give some background, I was a tower and approach controller a long time ago in another career. This job involved handling both civil and military jets as well as GA traffic into a combined civil/military airport, so I have an idea of what I'm talking about.

1. Please updated your documentation to clearly state the rules around airpseeds and flight levels. Also the approach speed to a runway for handoff and requirements for handoff to area control. It took me a lot of trial and error and online searching to find out this information.
2. STARS and SIDS - waypoints and beacons are useless in the sim unless you can clear an aircraft to perform this action. I don't want to micro manage each aircraft on a published pattern. That's the pilots job. Allow some way for this to work.
3. Orbiting - the option to orbit left/right seems bugged. Some aircraft will do so for a few orbits and then head of in some direction, while others will continue for a while longer. This is inconsistent. This command should just cause the aircraft to perform one orbit and then continue on the original heading.
4. Hold at a fix - in relation to the above there needs to be a way to get and aircraft to hold at a fix (not just anywhere on the screen) and continue in the standard holding pattern until directed otherwise. The sim lacks the ability to "stack em up and peel em off the bottom".
5. Flight strips - these are near useless. I need to know which fix aircraft are arriving through and departing from, not the airport they came from or are going to (for purposes of the sim anyway). Each strip should also reflect the current action happening e.g. climbing to 150
6. Terminal control - this is a big issue. If I have handed off an aircraft to tower and cleared another for departure on a different runway, then it is tower's responsibility to visually separate them until handoff. Time and again I get conflicts as the two aircraft are within 1000' ft vertically as one lands and the other departs (usually both are within 3 miles of the airport still). Tower control is there for a reason.
7. Clearances - I should be able to to give departure instructions when I give a clearance. This could be a SID or heading and/or level constraints. It is frustrating to wait for the aircraft to be active on my display before I can issue anything.
8. Traffic density - if you play past you first shift the sim seems to start throwing more and more aircraft at you in a shorter space of time until you become so saturated that you have to give up. This isn't realistic and is frustrating. Give us more accurate traffic flows. Quieter and busy periods and stuff in between. Not the continual piling on of traffic till your head wants to explode.

All up this is a fair simulation, but could be a lot better. Please take these comments as constructive feedback. I'd like to see this sim improve to be the best out there by a long way.
traconau

Postby bajasim » 27 Feb 2013, 12:32

Hi Traconau,

Thank you for your feedback, it is really important for us to improve our software with user input.

All your points are valid and are shared by many users who had sent their feedback as well, especially real life controllers and pilots, and while some will be added in upcoming releases (like holding patterns and fix navigation) some others will break the game objective if included.

Let me explain it: We developed this sim to fill the gap between arcade games and Pro simulators, we decided to be just in the middle, with features from both worlds. One success feature in our sim, as users have said, is that they feel like "flying" the aircrafts, because of all the work they have to do with each plane, not only vectoring but acting as PIC (micromanagment as you say) so, while this is a non realistic procedure, it adds challenge and improves the user experience.

However your suggestions as "PRO" users tell us there is a gap to fill, a full realistic simulator, so there could be a possibility to develop it as an independent product. What do you think?

About traffics, all timetables are real ones, no fictional flights were added at all, with real arrival and departure times, so in theory the saturation should be a real thing.

Thank you again and let's keep in touch,

Luis Zaragoza
Project manager
bajasim
Site Admin

Postby JohnB » 05 Mar 2013, 16:22

I really like ATC4Real but I am having a problem with loosing points every time an aircraft is handed off to another sector. I've been controlling the Ft. Lauderdale sector. I always try and make sure my departing aircraft are at an altitude of 10,500ft and speed is at least 250 kts, but every time an aircraft is handed off to it's exit waypoint I lose points. I can not find anywhere the proper procedure to follow in the game that will result in not loosing points at handoff. It's strange that it will say that the handoff is successful but then subtract points from you. Shouldn't a successful handoff result in a points gain? Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Other than that I really enjoy the game!

Thanks,
John
JohnB

Postby bajasim » 07 Mar 2013, 15:17

Hi John,

In version 1.5.5 the aircraft must be at FL180 when hitting the exit fix, this will give you the top score, higher altitudes gives you 0 points and lower than FL140 gives you negative points as you said.

In the latest version 1.5.52 the correct exit altitude is indicated in the "Quick Instructions" SID chart.

Bajasim staff
bajasim
Site Admin

Postby JohnB » 11 Mar 2013, 11:46

Thanks for the reply, I'll try and make sure I'm at FL180 from now on when hitting the exit fix. Thanks.
JohnB

Postby Wspeck » 14 Apr 2013, 20:00

Anybody else notice that the KFLL version for iPad that instead of showing the METAR, after the last update, now shows the TAF instead?

***It has been fixed in update 1.6.0. Thanks!
Wspeck

Postby Qazwsxajbrazda » 21 Apr 2013, 07:13

Ok so I was playing KSAN on my laptop around 21:00 KSAN time and none of the flights that it was giving me mached up with the airports real flights, in fact some of the flight numbers it was giving me Weren't on SANs timetable at all. And when I checked flightaware the flight numbers have never been to SAN. The ones that were correct have already Departed or arrived An hour or so before I start the game And I made sure the time on the game and in the time the real world airport matched. What's going on?
Qazwsxajbrazda

Postby bajasim » 30 Apr 2013, 17:02

Qazwsxajbrazda wrote:Ok so I was playing KSAN on my laptop around 21:00 KSAN time and none of the flights that it was giving me mached up with the airports real flights, in fact some of the flight numbers it was giving me Weren't on SANs timetable at all. And when I checked flightaware the flight numbers have never been to SAN. The ones that were correct have already Departed or arrived An hour or so before I start the game And I made sure the time on the game and in the time the real world airport matched. What's going on?

All airports have been programmed with 5 different timetables (Every timetable holds a full day of recorded flights), when the sim is started the engine choose one random timetable.

To create those 5 different timetables we choose a random week and gathered all flights from and to the specific airport. All flights did happen in real life. As you can see this can not function as a real time flight tracker, as all flights are from previous days records.
bajasim
Site Admin

Postby Qazwsxajbrazda » 01 May 2013, 06:34

bajasim wrote:
Qazwsxajbrazda wrote:Ok so I was playing KSAN on my laptop around 21:00 KSAN time and none of the flights that it was giving me mached up with the airports real flights, in fact some of the flight numbers it was giving me Weren't on SANs timetable at all. And when I checked flightaware the flight numbers have never been to SAN. The ones that were correct have already Departed or arrived An hour or so before I start the game And I made sure the time on the game and in the time the real world airport matched. What's going on?

All airports have been programmed with 5 different timetables (Every timetable holds a full day of recorded flights), when the sim is started the engine choose one random timetable.

To create those 5 different timetables we choose a random week and gathered all flights from and to the specific airport. All flights did happen in real life. As you can see this can not function as a real time flight tracker, as all flights are from previous days records.

Ok then on your web site In the description I think there was something that said to the effect of "Listen to ATC and match up the flight with ATC. If your schedules are as you say they are It'd be impossible to match them up with ATC.
Qazwsxajbrazda

PreviousNext

Return to ATC4Real